Let's be honest, meatloaf is a great comfort meal but it usually takes about an hour to bake in the oven.
When you bake these bison meatloaf muffins you'll be enjoying them in half the time.
Here's a little fact for you:
"Bison has less fat and calories and more protein and iron than a comparable portion of beef, chicken, or even some fish."
Now you may wonder, where can I find bison meat?
I have found bison at various stores to include kroger, publix, whole foods and etc. but the best place I have found ground bison at a good price is costco. They sell Great Range Bison in a 2.5 lb unit and it is usually priced lower than grass-fed beef.
This recipe is super simple to make, takes a total of 30 minutes and I promise that it will please the whole crowd.
Bison Meatloaf Muffins
time: 30 minutes total | makes: 6 servings (2 each), total of 12 meatloaf muffins
What you need:
muffin pans (any size will do but cook times may vary, I used two regular 6-cup muffin pans)
small bowl for glaze
- 1 lb of ground bison
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped onion ( I used freeze-dried chopped onions )
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley (or 3 tsp of dried parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the ingredients for the glaze.
- Grease muffin pan and spoon bison meat mixture into muffin pans.
- Spoon glaze on top of meatloaf muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
You could also make this a meatloaf sandwich using hamburger buns too!
Enjoy with mashed potatoes, greens or any other side of your choice.
Have you ever made Meatloaf Muffins before? Hope you and your family like this recipe!