DISCLAIMER: I was not paid to do this review and I bought these products with my own money. Content, photos and opinions expressed here are solely my own. This post does contain affiliate links.
One thing that every gardener deals with is pests, especially bugs.
Two years ago, I had these guys on my tomato plants and they ate more of my tomatoes than I did. A very hungry caterpillar indeed. I did not use any type of pesticide at that time so when I started gardening this year I made sure that I was prepared.
There are so many products out there that will get rid of the bugs but will also harm your plants and you.
When I'm spending all of this time trying to eat healthier and grow my own food, the last thing I want to do is spray poison on everything. You know?
Earlier this season, I noticed a few aphids on my plants.
After doing some research, I started using this DIY Organic Pest Control. It has been very effective, is safe for the plants and it has gotten rid of the aphids and kept my plants bug free!
This Organic Pest Control is perfectly safe and does not kill beneficial insects such as bees, daddy long legs and ladybugs.
DIY Organic Pest Control
What you will need:
- 2 Tbsp per gallon Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds Soap
- 2 Tbsp per gallon 100% Neem Oil
- Warm Water ( The neem oil needs to break down when you mix it, hence the warm water. )
- Spray bottle ( I use this one because I like the size and you can easily spray both sides of the leaves)
- Mix all of the ingredients together and pour into your spray bottle.
- Spray on your plants, be sure to spray the top and undersides of the leaves.
Note: The neem oil stinks and the smell lingers. So if you can, make this concoction outside.
I use this spray once a week, just as the sun is setting to prevent sun damage.
Reapply after rainfall.
The neem oil is an organic insecticide and fungicide.
To find out more, watch this.
Now you too can say goodbye to bugs!
Have you ever used this Organic Pest Control? What do you use to protect your plants?