Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are for products that I highly recommend. I only share things that I love and use regularly. Thank you so much for your support!
The important thing to remember when taking online courses is that they won't work unless you do. Of course, you'll have some that you just don't feel like work out best for you and your business. Before you buy a course, be sure to do your research, make sure that it's something that you have time/money for and is something that you really want to work on.
I have taken a few courses that really weren't as great as the teacher perceived, or on par with where I was at that time and that was disappointing. So again, do your research.
You can research courses before you take them by:
- Googling the course name and reading reviews
- Reaching out to someone that you know has previously taken a course and asking them any questions that you may have
- Finding a FAQ for the course and reach out to the teacher or team
- Search in Facebook groups that you are active in
I love taking courses that help me in areas that I'm not proficient in, want to expand on or were recommended to me. Inside my Simplify Your Biz Tools free course, I listed these out in more detail, you can enroll here for free!
Here's my list of courses that I have taken and recommend:
1. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing from Michelle of Makingsenseofcents.com
Michelle earns over $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing, and she shares all of her best tips in this course. Yes, you read that correctly! 🤑
In this course, there are 6 modules, over 30 lessons, over 20 worksheets, bonuses, an extremely helpful exclusive Facebook group, and more, and she goes through everything when it comes to affiliate marketing, such as:
- What affiliate marketing is and how it works
- Why affiliate marketing is great
- The exact steps she's taken to earn over $300,000 from a single blog post
- How to pick the right affiliate products to promote
- How to increase conversions
- How to build trust and not lose followers
- Required disclosures that you need to know about
- The one major tool you need for affiliate marketing
- Different strategies to use to promote your affiliate products
- How to use Pinterest to succeed at affiliate marketing (yes, this includes the newest Pinterest affiliate rules!)
I bought this course not even two weeks ago and I’m already making more affiliate income WHILE I AM SLEEPING by following her methods!
I became an affiliate for her course and if you sign up with my link, you'll receive my bonus training "Affiliate Promo Planning" training, which includes everything that I've done to earn over $3K with ONE affiliate partner and under 1,000 email subscribers!
You might also be interested in: How To Benefit From Affiliate Marketing (Without Having A Huge Audience)
2. YouTube for Bosses from Sunny Lenarduzzi of sunnylenarduzzi.com/
The framework of the YouTube for Bosses course is what has helped me grow my channel in such a short amount of time. I hit 10K views within 6 months of starting my channel and less than 300 subscribers, this means that I can monetize my YouTube channel even though I have less than 1,000 subscribers! YAY! Definitely, recommend this one for sure!
3. Trello for Business from Abagail and Emylee at ThinkCreativeCollective.com
I used to be a bullet journal planner type but after taking this course, I am a huge fan of trello. I organize everything from my business to my lipstick sales to home chores and meal plans all within trello now. And I'm on the free plan with trello!
4. The Follow Through Method from Abagail and Emylee at ThinkCreativeCollective.com
I absolutely LOVE The Follow Through Method. Before the end of Q1 in 2017, I already hit some of my Q2/Q3 goals!! Working backward from my big yearly goal and breaking it down into bite-sized pieces gave me so much life and saved me so much time!! This course helped me get really really focused.
5. The Instagram Lab from Jenna Kutcher
I have followed Jenna on Instagram for a couple of years and just love her "I just want to hang out with her in person" vibe. This course is on Instagram, but it taught me A LOT about my business as a whole.
Follow Jenna on Instagram
Link to The Instagram Lab course
6. Ready Set Blog for Traffic from Elna of TwinsMommy.com
Within 3 months I have doubled my traffic thanks to the things that Elna laid out in her course!
Here's my video testimonial for Elna's course:
Are you thinking about creating your OWN online course?
I recently made the switch from Teachable to Thinkific and I am so happy that I did. Three things that I love Thinkific over Teachable include:
- a video library to upload course videos to
Previously I had to host my videos somewhere else (vimeo) with teachable which added another expense.
- Hidden courses
I am able to create hidden courses for clients so they can have one place for all of our documents/files instead of emailing back and forth or searching for emails. (Hidden courses can technically take place on teachable but it’s more of a hack, not a feature.)
- Amazing customer service
The customer service at Thinkific is one of the main reasons that I made the switch, being able to speak to a real person is so important to me.
I had Teachable for a little over a year and not once was I able to speak to someone for support. I was always referred to a web page and felt like I was pulling teeth to get an answer. I also have a friend who was told that since she wasn't on a higher plan they were unable to help her. How rude, right?
When you sign up with my Thinkific link you will also receive:
- How To Price Your Online Course (worth $297)
- The 30-In-30 Program (worth $497)
- My bonus training, ‘How to set up a FREE course that will help you generate more income!’
Click here or click the banner below to grab this sweet deal from Thinkific!
Have you taken any of these courses? Have any to add? Let me know in the comments below!
Hey there, I'm Lindsey the online educator behind hazelhaven.com. I help creative business owners learn how to use the tools to grow their online presence. I'm an introverted extrovert who loves tech systems, dark chocolate and a strong cup of coffee. Be sure to click here to learn about my favorite tools and resources that I use to run my business everyday!